Don’t worry guys, I’m still showering regularly. This post is about skipping the baby shower. There’s a couple reasons Mr. Mac and I decided to skip the shower this time around.
- With Ben, we ended up throwing our own shower. Nobody ever really stepped in to throw one and I didn’t mind throwing myself a simple one. It was very casual. The theme (Cookies & Milk) was co-ed friendly. It ended up just being a nice little BBQ w/ all of our close friends and family. With baby O, I don’t feel up to throwing a party. Let’s face it, it’s exhausting. My energy hasn’t been the greatest this pregnancy and I just don’t have it in me to plan one, this time around.
- It’s baby boy #2 for us. This means we don’t really need new/more clothes or gear. We were blessed with a closet full of cute little boy clothes and a storage full of baby gear with Ben. We plan to use all the previous goods with baby O. All of those onesies Ben only fit in for a few days will be put to good use.
- There’s only a few items we really “need” (see above bullet). I don’t mind ordering the few items myself; I’ve already ordered the things I really want (new diaper bag that’ll work for two kiddos and a ring sling). Everything else will be added to an Amazon Wishlist and will be given to those that ask what we need.
- Monaaaaayyyyy. Not that we’re strapped, we’re just putting our money in different places; not a party. If we’re going to spend money, it’ll be on the few necessities we will need for when baby comes.
- They’re kind of awkward, for me at least. I’m a giver, I don’t like being the center of attention. It seems strange to me to ask for another baby shower since we just had Ben 2.5 years ago; almost selfish if I throw myself another one lol. We good. We good..
I am, however, REALLLLLLLLY (is that enough L’s?) excited for my sister-in-law’s baby shower and for the holiday season. It’s going to be so much fun!
Are you skipping the shower too? What are your reasons for having/not having a baby shower?